Whole Body CryotherapyBeyond Cryotherapy’s goal is to make you look and feel incredible using the newest technology available.
What is Whole Body Cryotherapy ?
How Cryotherapy Works
- The Circulatory System
- The Nervous System
- The Endocrine System
- The Muscular System
- The Renal System
- WBC stimulates the temperature receptors on your skin to send signals to your brain (nervous system), telling your brain that you are being exposed to freezing temperatures.
- Your skin surface temperature drops to approximately 30 degrees in under a minute causing your body to stop trying to regulate your skin surface temperature and instead, engages your circulatory system to send blood to your body’s core in order to protect it from the acute cold treatment.
- In this process, your blood is forced through your liver and kidneys (renal system) and the detoxification process begins.
- Your body reacts by trying to protect and heal itself.
- This includes elevating hormones (endocrine system), such as those “feel good” endorphins, raising the antioxidant capacity of the blood, enhancing the growth of collagen and new connective tissue (muscular system), all while increasing your metabolism.
There Are Three Major Benefits To Cryotherapy:
- Decreases Pain
- Reduces Inflammation Associated with Sore Muscles, Back, and Joints
- Alleviates Inflammation Associated with Autoimmune Diseases
- Relieves Joint Disorders, Rheumatoid Diseases, Multiple Sclerosis and Fibromyalgia.
- Strengthens Immune System
- Elevates Endorphins (Feel Good Hormones)
- Mitigates Anxiety, Depression & Mood Disorders
- Increases Range of Motion
- Improves Sleep
- Boosts Energy
- Accelerates Metabolism
- Decreases Muscle Soreness, Pain and Inflammation
- Reduces Chronic Pain, From Overuse Injuries and Tendinitis
- Increases Energy for Improved Athletic Performance
- Enhances Stimulation of Collagen Growth to Repair Tendons, Ligaments, Cartilage and Muscles
- Improves Joint Function and Range of Motion
- Minifies Chronic Pain, From Overuse Injuries and Tendinitis
- Supports High Intensity and High Volume Training Plans
- Stimulates Collagen Production
- Activates Collagen Production in the Deeper Layers of the Skin
- Expedites Healing of Small Wounds and Surgical Recovery
- Reduces Signs of Aging, Including Fine Lines and Wrinkles
- Closes Pores to Seal in Natural Oils
- Accelerates Metabolism
- Boosts Irisin, a Hormone, that Triggers Brown Fat Production as Does Exercise
Depending on the condition of treatment, it is recommended that a client initially engages in 10 – 20 treatments in close succession (separated by 1-3 days) to maximize results. Afterwards, it is recommended that clients further space treatments to maintain and improve on their results.
What To Expect
The Cryosauna is equipped with an electric lift, allowing the client to be sub-merged in the cryogenic air only up to his/her neck, while the head remains exposed to room air at all times. This enables the client to be in continuous communication with the technician, which improves the client’s overall sense of safety.
Despite extremely low temperatures; this treatment is very safe. The nitrogen being used to cool the cryosauna and cryochamber is the same nitrogen that makes up the air we breathe (actually 78% of it). There are oxygen sensors inside the Beyond Cryotherapy Cryosauna and the Cryosauna room. The equipment will automatically shut down if the oxygen levels start to decrease.
To ensure clients receive the full benefits of WBC, our equipment is fully automated and reaches the appropriate temperature prior to starting a session.
- Discuss medical history and contraindications
- Check blood pressure
- Discuss client’s concerns regarding treatment
- Discuss client’s optimal time and temperature in the cryosauna
- Men remove all clothing except underwear
- Women can wear a non-underwire bra or go bra-free, and must wear underwear (and no period)
- Cotton material is recommended
- Clients must remove all jewelry or other metal on their body
- Clients must be 100 percent dry; Towels are provided
- Clients put on a Beyond Cryotherapy robe, gloves, socks and clogs
- To stabilize your body’s temperature as well as promote vasodilation (expansion of the body’s blood vessels); light exercise for about 3-10 minutes is recommended after a WBC Session. Our facility provides exercise equipment for your use
- Cryotherapy reduces inflammation and activates detoxification. Some clients may experience mild flu-like symptoms 1 day after treatment. This is a good sign; this shows that your body is shedding toxins and becoming less inflamed
- Drink more water than usual to aid the detoxification process
- Enjoy a deeper night’s sleep, reduced pain, improved mobility and better mood!
- Do not enter a hot sauna or Jacuzzi for at least 6 hours
- You should minimize alcohol consumption for several hours following treatment
- Congestive Heart Failure
- Fluctuations in blood pressure
- Allergic reaction to extreme cold (rare)
- Untreated Hypertension/Severe Hypertension (BP> 180/100),
- Acute or recent myocardial infarction (Heart attack) within previous 6 months
- Decompensating Diseases (Edema) of the Cardiovascular and Respiratory System
- Congestive heart failure
- Valvular Heart Disease
- Cardiac Stent
- Conditions After Heart Surgery
- Ischemic Heart Disease
- Unstable Angina Pectoris
- Peripheral Arterial Occlusive Disease
- Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT) or known Circulatory Dysfunction
- Acute Febrile Respiratory (Flu like respiratory conditions)
- Acute Kidney and Urinary Tract Diseases
- Severe Anemia
- Cardiovascular Diseases (Above)
- Cold Allergenic Phenomenon (known allergy to cold contactants)
- Bleeding/Clotting Disorders
- Symptomatic Lung Disorders
- Seizure Disorders
- Bacterial and Viral infections of the Skin,
- Wound Healing Disorders (with open sores or discharging wound/skin conditions)
- Alcohol and Drug Related Contraindications
- Chronic Liver Disease
- Raynaud’s Disease
- Pregnancy/Breast Feeding
- Hyperhidrosis – heavy perspiration
- Severe Diabetes
- Inserted Aneurysm Clips in the Brain
- Fever, Cold-allergy, or Infections,
These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA.
This procedure is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.